Reaching the Institut Pascal
The So-Star program is hosted by the Institut Pascal located on the Paris-Saclay University campus in the town of Orsay, about 25 km south-west of Paris. The Institut Pascal can be reached from Chatelet (center of Paris) in 50-60 minutes.
The Paris-Saclay campus is connected to the city center, to the two Paris airports (Charles de Gaulle and Orly) and to two major train stations (Gare du Nord and Massy TGV) through the RER B, one of the lines of the Paris area local train system (RER - Réseau Express Régional).
There are several ways to reach the Institut Pascal. All of them are described on this page. Coming from Paris, one good route is the following:
- Once on the RER-B, take a train that terminates at Saint-Rémy-les-Chevreuse or Orsay-ville. Check the electronic boards on the RER plateform.
- Get off at Le Guichet.
- Walk to the IPa (15-20 min walk) : Google plan
Getting on the Paris RER-B line
- By air
- Charles de Gaulle airport. Connected to RER-B line
- Orly airport. Take the Orlyval light rail line to Antony (on the RER B line).
- By train
- Gare du Nord (Eurostar, Thalys). Connected to RER-B line.
- Gare de l'Est, Gare Saint-Lazare, Gare Montparnasse, Gare d'Austerlitz. Take the subway to reach the RER B line. See RATP.
- Massy TGV train station. Connected to the RER B line.
- By subway In the city center, the RER is interconnected with the subway system (look here if you dare !). The two systems can be combined with a single ticket.