The Institut Pascal
The Institut Pascal (IPa) is located on the Université Paris-Saclay campus, on the "Plateau du Moulon", in the new "Quartier de la Physique". Its address is 530 Rue André Rivière, 91400 Orsay. The exact location is here
The Paris-Saclay campus is about 25 km south-west of Paris. It is connected to the city center, to the two Paris airports (Charles de Gaulle and Orly) and to two major train stations (Gare du Nord and Massy TGV) through the RER B, one of the lines of the Paris area local train system (RER - Réseau Express Régional).
Getting on the Paris RER-B line
- By air
- Charles de Gaulle airport. Connected to RER-B line
- Orly airport. Take the Orlyval light rail line to Antony (on the RER B line).
- By train
- Gare du Nord (Eurostar, Thalys). Connected to RER-B line.
- Gare de l'Est, Gare Saint-Lazare, Gare Montparnasse, Gare d'Austerlitz. Take the subway to reach the RER B line. See RATP.
- Massy TGV train station. Connected to the RER B line.
- By subway In the city center, the RER is interconnected with the subway system (look here if you dare !). The two systems can be combined with a single ticket.
What transport ticket to buy ?For the commuting, we advise you to buy a Navigo pass, which you could already purchase upon arriving the airport. Unfortunately we cannot reimburse these Navigo passes or other ways of commuting fares.
Reaching the Institut Pascal
There are several ways to reach the Institut Pascal. Coming from Paris, one good route is the following:
- Once on the RER-B, take a train that terminates at Saint-Rémy-les-Chevreuse or Orsay-ville. Check the electronic boards on the RER plateform.
- Get off at Le Guichet.
- Walk to the IPa (15-20 min walk)
The following map shows the many ways to reach the IPa by public transport.
- From Paris
- RER-B Orsay-ville station : bus #7 to Bois des Rames stop (8 min).
- RER-B Le Guichet station : there are two options : - walk for 15 min : it is a nice walk but with a steep climb. - take bus #9 to Université Paris-Saclay stop (5 min) and walk for 10 min
- RER-B Massy-Palaiseau station : bus 91.06 to Université Paris-Saclay stop (20 min) and walk for 10 min
- From AIM - Orme des Merisiers (CEA-Saclay)
- bus #9 or #91.06 to Université Paris-Saclay stop (5 min) and walk for 10 min
- bus #11 to De Broglie stop (10 min) but this bus runs only every 30 min
- From IAS - Université Paris-Sud
- bus #7 to Bois des Rames stop (8 min).
Frequencies of buses - #7 : every 8-10 minutes all day, except between 9:20-11:20 when it is every 15min. Schedule here - #9 : every 5-7 minutes between 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm. every 10-20 minutes otherwise. Schedule here - #11 : every 20-30 minutes. Schedule here - #91.06 : every 3-4 minutes between 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm. every 15 minutes otherwise. Schedule here